Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tomorrow Is a New Day

Tomorrow I am going to do something that I have never done before; I am beginning a book club/Bible study with a group of online strangers.  We've introduced ourselves on through a facebook group.  I'm not sure they're ready for me in my current mental state :)  You know how when you meet someone for the first time that you are maybe more polite than normal.  You share those very surface parts of yourself that have at least had the rough edges smoothed out some?  At the moment I lost interest in that kind of interaction. I have so little time and energy that I have gotten more particular with the way I use it.  As I become more and more naked before God, my relationships have become more bare as well.  The outer layers or masks that we all wear take a lot of work to keep in tact.  That's too much work for me at the moment.  Your taking a bit of a risk these days when you ask me how I'm doing..........the answer will rarely be a simple, "fine."  Really the only time you're going to get that from me now is in the presence of my children; they are worth the work to maintain the mask.  I will protect them no matter what the cost to me personally.

I am praying that these on-line friendships with bloom and grow.  Technology, used the right way, is a beautiful thing.  So to my new friends, welcome to my life--all the good, the bad, the ugly, and the absolutely breath-takingly beautiful.  I'm so glad to have the opportunity to learn and share with you.

Ready, set, go.........I'm sure that I'll share more as we go along.

                                                                           
                                        Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment