Thursday, May 12, 2011

10 Things I Love or at Least Really Like

Jumping on the blog train today with a post a little bit on the lighter side.  So this was originally called "10 Things I Love", but I find that I don't feel like tossing "the love word" around today.  Here are some things that I love....

1. My husband.  Couldn't ask for a better person to share life with, both the good and the bad.



2. My kids.  I gave birth to them.  They have a piece of my heart forever.



3. My family. So blessed to have people in our lives that bless me over and over. (sorry, no pictures).

4. My friends.  They say that friends are the family you choose to have.  Wow, I have a great family--no pictures here because I don't want to leave anyone out.

5. My church.  The building is great and all, and if it burned down tomorrow, I would be sad.  But the building is only a place for the church to come together.  I have the BEST church family.  They have taught me a lot about loving and being loved over the past 3 months.



Now on to some things that I really like.............

6. Flowers.  They make me smile.  They remind me that the Creator cares about the small things.



7. Disney World.  So many of my favorite memories are at this place.......I accepted a marriage proposal at the foot of Cinderella's Castle, we honeymooned here, we've taken the kids too many times and had so much fun every single time.  It's the happiest place on earth you know.


8. Texas.  What's not to love about The Promised Land????  Everything is bigger in Texas, and it will always be home to me.

9. The beaches and sunsets, especially together.  So peaceful.  It reminds me that I serve a big, big God.


10.  My job.  I am a teacher--sometimes math, sometimes language arts, sometimes science, sometimes Legos, and sometimes just life.  All I know is that I am blessed to do it and even occaissionally get paid for it.

This was a good exercise for me today.  As I was looking at pictures to post, I saw so many other things that could easily have made this list.  It's always good to be thankful; changes your whole perspective on the day.


                                    Amy

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to do this! :) It's important to stop sometimes and cherish the good little things in life!

    ReplyDelete