Thursday, April 2, 2020

It's Been 1309 Days....Time to Blog Again?

This is so strange to me......why do I do this?  Two posts ago was titled "You Know It's Been a Long Time When"......I just read it.  When I posted that, it had been just over 1,300 days since I had posted before.  I managed one more post.  Then I guess I decided to wait another 1,309 days to post again.  I guess some things never change.  I would promise to do better, but I hate to break promises.  My track record says that I may post the blog I already have typed up and then wait another 1,300 days to attempt to do it again.

I had no idea what email I used to set this blog up. It only took me about 30 minutes and 40 Google verification codes to my phone to finally get back in here.  Seems I really should know better by now.

Oh well, I updated the family info section because I am no longer 30 something......M is no longer 16........K is no longer 11 (and since the boys are only 2 years apart it means at some point I managed to update M's age without updating K's or D's--weird)........D is no longer 8.

Here's where we are now......
I'm still hanging on to being a 40-something.
C and I have been married almost 26 years.
M is 21, has graduated from college, and is a real adult with a real job now.......strange I tell you!
K is 19 and a senior in college.
D is 16 and a junior in high school.

How in the world did my kids get so grown up????? There are moments when I miss them being younger, but over all, I really, really enjoy these adults that they've grown up to be! We don't quite have an empty nest, but that's just around the corner.  And though I know that I will be a mess when D spreads her wings and flies, I am also looking forward to having C all to myself again. 

So much life has happened since I last clicked the keyboard here.  Maybe I'll dig into the recesses of my mind and blog in hindsight about that, maybe not. All I really know if that for the last 3-4 days, God has rattled the title and some content of the blog I will post after this one around in my heart and my mind.  It didn't turn out how I thought it would, but hopefully that just means there's less of me and more of Him.

If there's anyone actually reading this, Hey, it's nice to see you again.

                                           Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment