Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 10:Praying for Our Sons



Today's topic is joy.  The prayers are found on page 30.

I have found that joy is a choice. Joy comes from deep within and is much different from happiness.  Joy is listed as a fruit of the spirit in Galatians.  The psalmist says, "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.  My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." (28:7)  Joy comes after trusting, or maybe it's with trusting.  Joy comes when we focus on Christ and his blessings.  The prayers today reminded me not to lose my focus and thus my joy.  Right now, I am preparing to take my baby girl to the hospital for a 3-10 stay to receive chemo.......the joy can easily be burried.  Focus on the blessings......her blood counts are recovering and she is able to continue treatment.........there is a treatment that can lead to a cure..........we will spend Father's Day in the hospital, and (not but) she has a daddy and a Father to celebrate..........we live within easy driving distance of a top 10 rated children's hospital with a fabulous staff and doctors we can trust.........Grammie is here to make this stay more pleasant..........we have friends who will cover our stay with prayer.  My heart is filled with joy!  So, Chris Tomlin and I will say, "How Can I Keep From Singing", and when I start to lose it, I will just praise with Nicole C. Mullen and get a "Brain Wash".  That's what joy looks like in my life right now.  That's the kind of deep rooted joy I pray for my boys too.

Praying that you are experiencing His joy as you pray for your boys too!
                                      Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment