Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 6:Praying for Our Sons


Today's topic is purity.  The prayers are found on page 24. 

This is a topic which evokes fear in the hearts of mothers everywhere.  Purity is about so much more that sex.  I think that's where our minds go because that it "the talk" that we fear most, but purity starts way before that talk.  Purity of the heart and mind come before purtiy of the body.  We must take those topics of purity seriously long before the topic of sexual purity come up.  I am blessed that I have been working with youth for many years and have had the opportunity to talk with many of them in large and small groups about purity.  I am more comfortable than a lot of parents when it comes to talking about sex and purity.  It's different at home because I have boys here and the youth that I've spent time talking with are always girls.  But the topic in general doesn't scare me.  What scares me is how viciously Satan pursues our children with the goal of stealing their purity.  We can all think of the obvious ways, but the more subtle ones are far more scary to me.  The ones that are well disguised and seem so harmless.  I pray constantly for the purity of my kids, my husband, and myself because I feel so strongly that Satan's attacks are around every corner.  If you want to listen to a bit about talking to your kids about sex, click here.  Barrett is a personal friend and an awesome pastor with a great heart!

There's my two cents.......it might not be worth even that :)

Praying for you as you are praying for your sons!

                                         Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment