Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 20:Praying for Our Sons


Today's topic is honesty; the prayers are on page 44.

These prayers follow the chapter on forgiveness and my brain is still stuck there.  I have read the Tripps book Shepharding a Child's Heart.  It's a good one though I didn't necessarily agree with all of it.  One of the things I did agree on was talked about here.  The difference between "I'm sorry" and "Please forgive me" is big.  I try to teach my kids the difference.  I'm not sure that I have succeeded there yet; good thing they will be with me a few more years :)  How do you handle this between your kids and you and your kids?  I find that I much seek forgiveness from them continually because I am just as much of a sinner as they are.

Interested in your thoughts,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment