Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 7:Praying for Our Sons


Today's topic is about having a servant's heart.  The prayers are found on page 25.

Jesus was a servant and is the greatest model for having a servant's heart.  I believe that children learn to serve by seeing you serve.  They adopt your attitude about service.  I am ashamed to say that I do not always approach service opportunities with the best attitude.  I'm pretty sure that Jesus would rather me not serve if I cannot represent Him well and show his love not only to those whom I am serving but also those I am serving with.  I have been blessed with a son who is the leader in our family when it comes to service.  Serving is his spiritual gift.  He has shown everyone in our family what it means to be a joyful servant.  There are so many ways to serve.  Sometimes you have to look for opportunities but it is always worth it!

I have an extra challenge for you.........sometime this summer, find a way that you and your family can serve someone else in some way, big or small.  Then come here and tell us about it.  We can have a cyberspace "Yay God" party together.

Be blessed,
                                        Amy

PS. My boys are flying home today.....please pray they make it safely.  I just can't wait to have them home!

No comments:

Post a Comment