Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 8:Praying for Our Sons



Today's topic is honor.  The prayers are found on page 26.

The leader's guide talks about little boys being the "knight in shining armor" and rescueing and defending the honor of the "damsel in distress."  I must say that this is a dynamic that I LOVE in our family.  My two boys will do anything to defend the honor of their little sister.  It does this mama's heart good to see it.  Sure they fight and quibble with each other, but the rest of the world better look out!  She may never go on a date because no one is ever going to measure up to the standards that her brothers have for her---and that's not even mentioning her daddy :) 

"Honor" is hard for me to wrap my brain around teaching........that's why I am happy to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment